WSQ Certificate in Security Operations
The WSQ Certificate in Security Operations is a compentency-based training programme targeted tpowards unarmed frontline officers that are deployed at various locations or events to perform security roles. It is intended to equip the Security Officer with the basic skills and knowledge to conduct security operations. The program incorporates both the theoretical and practical aspects of basic security operations.
The programme comprises of 6 modules and participants will be subjected to an assessment to test their competencies on the respective modules. The assessment is based on oral questions, role plays, written reports and demonstrations in equipment handling. Upon successful completion of each module, participants will be awarded a Statement of Attainment (SOA). For full qualification of the certificate, the learner shall complete 3 core and 3 elective modules.
Who should attend: Security Officers, Senior Security Officers, Executive protection Officers and Security Screening Officers.
1. Be able to guard and patrol client’s premises – 2 days, Core (Basic licensing module)
2. Be able to handle security incidents and services – 3 days, Core (Basic licensing module)
3. Be able to handle counter-terrorism activities – 3 days, Core (Mandantory for those working in Government buildings, public places of interest and installations)
4. Be able to assist in the evacuation of client’s premises – 2 days, Elective
5. Be able to conduct screening of person and bag - 2 days, Elective (Mandantory for those using Handheld Metal Detector, Walkthrough Metal Detector and conducting Bag checks as part of their regular duties)
6. Be able to operate basic security equipment – 1.5 days, Elective (Knowledge and skills operating an access control, monitoring alarm and CCTV monitoring equipment)
7. Be able to manage disorderly conduct and threatening behaviour – 2 days, Elective
Minimum entry requirements: At least completed Secondary Two (English) or or WPL Level 4 or WSQ or NSRS Enhanced Basic Security Training or at least 1 year working as a security officer
Duration: May be able to complete within 6 months
Venue: APRO Training Centre
Timings: 0830hrs to 1730hrs
Enquires: Emily 65676388 / 65647161, email@example.com
Schedule: See published schedules in this website.
Absentee payroll reimbursement: available for companies at $7.50 per training hour
Cost: Payable on a modular basis (Refer to individual modules). Funding available to Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents – for more information, refer to SkillsConnect (WDA).